Press "Enter" to skip to content

Mother-Of-One Dies Of Untreatable Tick-Borne Virus That Has Only Affected 5 People In The US

In a tragic, freak incident, a woman has become the very first person in the state of Missouri to contract a disease passed on by ticks known as the Bourbon virus – and the fifth known, confirmed case of this virus all around the world since its discovery in 2014.

When Tamela Wilson removed two ticks from her body during the Memorial Day weekend, she began feeling a little strange.

She went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a UTI, which seemed reasonable to all involved at the time.

But the antibiotics she was given didn’t help, and her condition worsened every day. Read the full article here ▶