A 5-year-old boy from Alabama has passed away after suffering from a poisonous spider bite at his family’s home.
Branson Riley Carlisle was pronounced dead at a local hospital only hours after being bitten on Sunday. He was brought to the hospital immediately after being bitten, but his condition continued to get worse.
The family was aware of spiders in their home and had pest control come to exterminate them once a month. Unfortunately, the winter weather brought in the recluse brown spider that caused the death of their young son.
The boy’s funeral took place on Wednesday, just one day before Thanksgiving. He was buried at a cemetery located in same Alabama town as the hospital he died at.