Press "Enter" to skip to content

Woman rushed into surgery after false widow spider bite she mistook as a spot

A woman had a venomous spider bite surgically removed from her finger after wrongly thinking it was a spot.

Crystal Rudd, 28, first noticed the painful pimple on her finger on March 25. She then tried to pop the painful bite with a sterilised pin but the pain didn’t go away.

Medics in A&E suspected it was a horsefly bite, sent her away with antibiotics and told her to take antihistamines.

But less than a week later, Crystal couldn’t sleep as her finger was so tight and sore it felt like it was going to split open. Read the full story here ▶