The very first thing you want to know is you cannot register to vote on Election Day. You should be registered earlier than the deadline of Jan. 31.
HOUSTON — More than two million persons are registered to vote in Harris County, and for those who haven’t carried out so but, you solely have just a few extra hours to get your application in earlier than the March Primary.
The very first thing you want to know is you cannot register to vote on Election Day. You should be registered earlier than the deadline, and that’s developing on Monday, Jan. 31.
If you’re a new voter in Harris County, you have to fill out a paper kind.
If you need assist in individual, a volunteer deputy voter registrar can help you at any of their 10 places from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday by way of Friday.
These are these places:
- 1001 Preston, Houston, Texas, 77002 (Main Office)
- 11525 Todd St Suite #100, Houston, TX 77055 (Election Technology Center)
- 6000 Chimney Rock Rd., Houston, Texas 77081 (Bellaire)
- 16715 Clay Rd. Houston, Texas 77084 (Clay Rd)
- 14350 Wallisville Rd., Houston, Texas 77049 (Jim Fonteno)
- 101 S. Richey, Suite E, Pasadena, Texas 77506 (John Phelps)
- 7300 N. Shepherd Dr, Houston, Texas 77091 (Mickey Leland)
- 5300 Griggs Rd., Houston, Texas 77021 (Palm Center)
- 1001 SGT Macario Garcia, Houston, Texas 77011 (Raul C. Martinez)
- 1721 Pech Rd., Houston, Texas 77055 (Spring Branch)
If you need to handle it by yourself, you may decide up a paper kind from a kind of places, your native library, publish office or you may print it out.
Fill it out and drop it again off in individual at a kind of 10 places by 4:30 p.m. on Monday or you may mail it to this tackle:
- Isabel Longoria
- Elections Administrator
- P.O. Box 3527
- Houston, Texas 77253-3527
But it should be postmarked by Monday. Thirty days later, you need to get your voter registration card within the mail.
If you’re already registered to vote, beginning subsequent week, all energetic voters in Harris County will start receiving their new blue voter registration card, changing the orange ones.
If you will have modified your identify or tackle for the reason that final time you voted, you might not get yours.
But, you will have till Monday to get that fastened. You’ll need to do that now to ensure you haven’t any points when it comes time to vote.
To change your info, you may fill out that very same kind and ship it in, or the simplest manner to do it’s to go surfing.
You’ll want your ID, Social Security Number and your Voter Unique Identifier. That may be discovered on the Harris Votes website by doing a simple voter registration search.
To be eligible for registration as a voter on this state, an individual should:
- be 18 years of age or older
- be a United States citizen
- not have been decided by a last judgment of a courtroom exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- completely mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated with out the precise to vote
- not have been lastly convicted of a felony or, in that case convicted, will need to have:
- totally discharged the individual’s sentence, together with any time period of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or accomplished a interval of probation ordered by any courtroom; or been pardoned or in any other case launched from the ensuing incapacity to vote; and be a resident of the county during which application for registration is made.