A woman who regularly vaped, consuming the equivalent of 50 cigarettes daily, was hospitalized due to a severe lung ailment.
Amanda Stelzer, a 34-year-old, started vaping in 2015 and became so addicted that she was using eight cartridges of vape fluid weekly.
She was hospitalized due to severe breathing difficulties and required life support for eight days.
Initially, doctors were unable to diagnose her condition, but upon learning of her heavy vaping habits from her mother, they conducted a chest scan to assess the severity of her condition.
Eventually, she was diagnosed with acute respiratory distress syndrome, a potentially fatal condition in which the lungs fail to supply enough oxygen to sustain the body. Read the full story here ▶