Press "Enter" to skip to content

The Unexpected Death Of A Toddler Just After Christmas Button Batteries Are Dangerous

The tragic passing of an Oklahoma toddler is shedding light on the terrible dangers that small button batteries pose to children and pets.

Two-year-old Brianna Florer spent a wonderful Christmas with her siblings opening presents at her grandparents’ home. It was the “perfect Christmas” according to her grandfather, Kent Vice. But just two days later, she was dead.

The Oklahoman reports that Brianna was running a low-grade fever for a couple of days prior and throwing up. But on Sunday, the toddler was rushed to hospital after she vomited blood and her skin turned blue. Read the full story here ▶